Instructions for use
Important numbers to remember!
Highly concentrated formula: just use 2.5ml of HiveAlive per litre of syrup
Add to syrup/candy below 55°C/122°F
For drenching, use a max concentration of 1:100
- Shake well. Contents will settle.
- Feed HiveAlive annually at the end of the honey harvest when the honey supers have been removed.
- All syrup fed to be activated at a concentration of 2.5 ml of HiveAlive to every litre of syrup.*
- Stir well.
*Field trials fed 4L of activated syrup in autumn and in spring. Read more…
Can be added to candy or inverted syrup. The temperature of syrup/candy must not be above 50°C/122°F
Bees underperforming, weak or not feeding?
Instructions for Spraying/Drenching
- Spray/drench to lightly wet bees and frames with activated light sugar syrup (1:1) at a max concentration of 1:100, once per week for three weeks to cover full breeding cycle.
- For extra benefit hives can also be fed/sprayed/drenched in spring.
- Hives can be fed/sprayed/drenched up to 2 weeks before adding honey supers.
Tips for use from beekeepers
- Spray/drench the hive with activated syrup to aid new queen acceptance
- Feed HiveAlive activated syrup 1-2 weeks before administering thymol based miticides to limit bearding/absconding
- Enhance protein patties by adding HiveAlive
- Spray hives that are weak or not feeding to help strengthen and clean up the hive
- Add HiveAlive to leftover syrup to stop if from going bad
- Brush/spray on activated syrup to revitalise old foundation